Monday, June 1, 2009

Days Two Through Five

Oh man, my computer damn near exploded this weekend and wouldn't let me post on Friday and Saturday. To be honest, not posting on Sunday was purely laziness. I think my biggest issues thus far with veganism are:

Issue number one: I grab for food I would normally eat without a second thought and then as soon as I pop it in my mouth I start thinking about whether or not in fits with the plan. Friday's lunch was a lunch full of Boca burger and red onion, so naturally for my co-workers' sakes I grabbed a Tic Tac or two. Biiiiiig mistake. I took them out as soon as I thought of it and began my Googling. Sadly, Tic Tacs are not vegan and I had to toss them and suffer through the onion breath, poor co-workers.

Issue number two: Going out to dinner. I'm not sure this would be as big of an issue if I was going vegan because of feelings about animal rights or because of dietary restrictions, but I essentially don't have a real reason except this experiment to not eat animal products. Saturday night was sushi night before going dancing. Seeing the other people I was with order all those rolls (my favorite meal) and with me sticking to cucumber, avocado and oshinko was a little disheartening. These places need more vegetarian options! Sweet potato. Carrot. Beets. I know it's not traditionally Japanese, but I mean, is cream cheese? A California Roll?

Issue number three: I'm finding entirely too many new foods I love. Spicy "chicken" Boca patties are amazing! I could eat these suckers all day. Add a side of some fresh tomato and avocado with balsamic. So delicious.

Friday was a bit tiring, and I've been sleeping the best I have in a long time. I can't remember the last time I slept through the night before the past week. Saturday, Sunday and today have given me revived energy. Saturday was especially shocking; after helping a friend move, I still had the energy to go out. I may keep this going. Eat vegan when in my house and take advantage of going out fully and eat what I like. Except honey! Gimme honey (especially in the beer).

No comments:

Post a Comment