Friday, June 12, 2009

Day 16

I guess I haven't been updating a lot lately or really at all because nothing's really been happening. I thought my energy level would change or I would lose weight or it would be damn near impossible to find anything to eat, but the only real change is that my grocery bills have gone up.

I'm still craving cheese, sour cream, meat, you-name-it, but I don't think that will ever change. It seems that unless you have a moral opposition to animal products or really enjoy controlling everything that goes into your body, it's hard to stay motivated in being vegan. I've only knowingly slipped up once and it was while I was drunk last weekend. Took a bite of a supposedly vegan burrito and was astonished at how creamy and flavorful the guacamole was (yes, it's always flavorful, but when you've been eating avocado and pretty much no other fat, it gets old). Then I took another bite enjoying it and getting a bit suspicious. I walked into the light of the kitchen and there it was... CHEESE! Sweet, wonderful, beautiful, delicious cheese. I knowingly took one more bite, then stopped. It was just too good to put aside. Despite the cries of "We won't tell anyone," I did not finish that super tasty burrito.

No comments:

Post a Comment